'93 Seadoo XP with brand new carbs still wont start!! (see video)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkenney95

Hello all. i have a 1993 Seadoo XP with a Rotax 657. When i first bought it, i took it out for the first time it had problems starting. when it eventually did start it ran pretty good. the second time i took it out a week later it never started at all. i found out the carbs were in terrible condition so i had them rebuilt (by a professional) and they look great now.

so i put the freshly rebuilt carbs back in and it still wont start but it sounds likes its trying; i can hear it starting to fire but it seems as soon as it does, it cuts off. the one thing i noticed is that there is some air in the fuel line that connects the two carbs, so could that be an issue? heres a video (linked below) so you can see whats going on. i also attached the picture of the air bubble in the carb fuel line.

video of ski trying to start

im really stuck and dont even know what to check so any advice to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20210617_113133834_iOS.jpg
    20210617_113133834_iOS.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 4
No, there should no be air in the line as long as the fuel pump is working correctly and there are no air leaks before the carb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back