787 Bombardier engine. What oil goes in disc drive/counter balance shaft area

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plomb

I was repairing a 787 engine and when tilting the engine over to look at something some oil came out of the elbow under the disc drive housing.

My engine has no screwed cap on the PTO end of the counter balance shaft housing, and I don't know what oil, if any, is in there???

I'm sure I saw a reference to counter balance shaft oil somewhere in the workshop manual but I can't find it now!

I just don't know, but I see the elbow is called the oil outlet on page 88?Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 20.17.11.png

Last edited:
The fittings on the sides of the engine are the rotary shaft oil, not the balancer.

They will refill once you hook the oil tank lines back up.

OK thanks, I just thought the two might be connected.

But I must ask, if the elbow is the outlet where is the feed ?

There is an elbow on both sides of the engine. There is no technical feed as it is just a flooded bath and gravity keeps if full from the tank, it does not circulater or anything.

Thanks, I just wanted to be sure, as I didn't pull the engine out and so didn't see the connections which isn't ideal, and apparently this engine was running away before it ate a piston but I found that a butterfly spindle was seized on one of the carbs!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back