720cc XP 1995 white smoke and rich mixture (now with videos)

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

brobertov8

Dear All,

I take some videos and pictures for the test I did today, in a few minutes ago.

The Problem:
The ski stills making whit smoke and a very rich mixture sound (boooooooo), as you all will can see in these videos. I did two tests:

1. Just start the engine with the oil pump cable connected...
Video 1 link (oil pump cable connected):
http://youtu.be/fZVE6ciytuQ

2. Then, I disconnected the oil pump cable and restart the engine, and the ski stills making a lot of smoke and rich mixture sound (in theory it could not pump oil anymore, and should run fine, correclty - even withtout lub???).

testjet1.jpg
testjet2.jpg
testjet3.jpg

Video 2 link (without oil pump cable - disconnected):
http://youtu.be/zKyEjQvzf6E

Cylinder 1 Pressure: 120psi
Cylinder 2 Pressure: 125psi

You all will also note that it does not hit the limiter, it just at 6500/7000 and that's it (even with full throttle)....

Any help always appreciated!

Thank You!
Bruno

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you just take it out of storage? How long has it been sitting?

I wouldn't be running it without the lines attached. No oil will make a dead engine.

WOW ....you are going to kill your engine doing that....U havr to have it hooked to a hose to run it like that first off...second dont unhook the oil lines and run it u will burn your engine up buddy!!!! ok ....my thoughts here are the same as (thumper) you need to get those lines off there and at least clean your carbs really well.... rebuilding is best but at least clean if you cannot rebuild...As stated before ...has the ski been sitting for a while??? that will make a big difference in the situation if this is the first time you have ran it this year

Yes water is good to lol.

If you have just ran it from sitting awhile, there is excess oil in the exhaust (normal) until it Burns out with running.

Now that you pulled off the oil lines, you need to rebleed them.

Yes water is good to lol.

If you have just ran it from sitting awhile, there is excess oil in the exhaust (normal) until it Burns out with running.

Now that you pulled off the oil lines, you need to rebleed them.

Hi Thumper and Brock1,

I did ride in the ski 2 weeks ago, was running great last time I did.... until I've found the oil cable disconnected last week.
Then I connected and then i could not run the ski anymore!

I will replace the lines and will try again, thanks for the tips!

Did you guys see that white smoke even with the oil cable off? I really could not understand where that oil came from!!

thank you guys a lot.
Bruno

Hi Thumper and Brock1,

I did ride in the ski 2 weeks ago, was running great last time I did.... until I've found the oil cable disconnected last week.
Then I connected and then i could not run the ski anymore!

I will replace the lines and will try again, thanks for the tips!

Did you guys see that white smoke even with the oil cable off? I really could not understand where that oil came from!!

thank you guys a lot.
Bruno

just for curiosity ....take out the muffler (waterbox) and see if there is any oil in it ...tip it upside down and see if oil comes out

just for curiosity ....take out the muffler (waterbox) and see if there is any oil in it ...tip it upside down and see if oil comes out

I just did right now and there is no signs of oil on that! It's dry and clean, I can even see a white screen inside on both sides.

It's really strange that white smoke and rich mixture, even with the oil pump cable disconnected!

Thank You!

Hi brock and thumpper,

One information I ws forgot:

I mixed TCW3 with API-TC in the oil tank (i did know about).

I don't know right, but propably the oil tank has 700ml of APITC and the rest of TCW3.
This strange mix should cause this whit smoke and mal function in the engine?

Thank You!
Bruno

YEP there is your preoblem ...... You CANNOT use TCW-3 oil in a seadoo...it has to be API-tc low ash ...and only that...drain the oil tank and alll the lines and refil it with only the API-tc and u will be ok ....make sure you get all the old oil out

YEP there is your preoblem ...... You CANNOT use TCW-3 oil in a seadoo...it has to be API-tc low ash ...and only that...drain the oil tank and alll the lines and refil it with only the API-tc and u will be ok ....make sure you get all the old oil out

Hi Brock,

Thanks! I replaced the oil, replaced all the gray fuel lines, clean up the filters and changed the sparks!

The sound is great, I think we solved the problem!!

But I cannot get any pressurization in the fuel system...

I checked all the lines, seens to be good without leaks.. But the fuel pump cant produce vacuum or air in the line.... The jet is working fine, when I produce air in the line my self!!

Please, How can I pressurize the system?

Thank You

THANK YOU BROCK, THUMPER and ALL,

SOLVED!

I replaced all the fuel lines, oil limpes, cleanned the carbs, changed the oil, new sparks, and in the end of the day all stuffs worked fine!!

Brock about the last post I did above, unfornatelly I did a connection in the fuel line wrong and thats why it was no vacuum!

Pictures:

fixed1.jpg
old grey lines and sparks

fixed2.jpg
in the end of the day

Thanks,
Bruno

Good job just remember API-TC oil not tcw3......good to see you got your issue fixed

Thank You Brock!

I will buy only API-TC from now! But the pre-owner sad to me he always used tcw3! I don´t know what are the issues that could be happen in the engine, but fortunattely it´s working on!

Thank You Brock!

I will buy only API-TC from now! But the pre-owner sad to me he always used tcw3! I don´t know what are the issues that could be happen in the engine, but fortunattely it´s working on!

Great Job! I thought changing the tempo lines was a big job, Im so lucky i did it as well, and all is good now!

P.S. how are the girls in Brazil?? lol, just playing I know theyre beautiful!

Great Job! I thought changing the tempo lines was a big job, Im so lucky i did it as well, and all is good now!

P.S. how are the girls in Brazil?? lol, just playing I know theyre beautiful!

LOL, no doubt about the girls, we are in a God place in Brazil! :)

0%u0025252C%252C44278379-EXH%252C00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back