717 xp carb jetting with proks

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think those are US Coast Guard approved. You may want to rethink the purchase.

If they are... let us know.

I don't think those are US Coast Guard approved. You may want to rethink the purchase.

If they are... let us know.

I personally dont care if they are or are not approved. They have been around for awhile and have been ran on many machines with out issuse. Thanks for your oppinion.

The proks are approved. They've been around for a long time and are great filters.

Be very very careful when running after market f/a on a 717 motor without a carb brace. They have been known to crack the intake manifold from vibrations causing a lean condition blowing up the motors. Factory pipe doesn't even recommend changing from the stock air box when installing their pipe. Or any other mods since those motors are prime to seize the rear piston.

If you do run them, I wouldn't drop the pop off to 21lbs with the 2.0 and 80g. That was the recommendation for a 787 motor with R&D filters which are a little more restrictive allowing for a higher pop off. Stock pop off is suppose to be between 44-56 lbs. I would shoot somewhere for 28-32 lbs and see how your 1/4 throttle transition is. If it hesitates and clears out, its too low, bogs then goes, too high pop off.

Jetting, I'd start with a 142.5 in the mag, and a 145 in the pto. Go out 1/2 turn on your highs on both. I'd start a 75 pilot and go from there. Take your time tuning and watch your top rpm for a loss when running WOT. Thats lean and seizing. Just take your time and listen for deto (sounds like marbles bouncing inside the motor) and your rpm.

Make sure you following tuning for the carbs the way they MUST be done. Otherwise, your wasting your time. Hope this helps you some.

The proks are approved. They've been around for a long time and are great filters.

Be very very careful when running after market f/a on a 717 motor without a carb brace. They have been known to crack the intake manifold from vibrations causing a lean condition blowing up the motors. Factory pipe doesn't even recommend changing from the stock air box when installing their pipe. Or any other mods since those motors are prime to seize the rear piston.

If you do run them, I wouldn't drop the pop off to 21lbs with the 2.0 and 80g. That was the recommendation for a 787 motor with R&D filters which are a little more restrictive allowing for a higher pop off. Stock pop off is suppose to be between 44-56 lbs. I would shoot somewhere for 28-32 lbs and see how your 1/4 throttle transition is. If it hesitates and clears out, its too low, bogs then goes, too high pop off.

Jetting, I'd start with a 142.5 in the mag, and a 145 in the pto. Go out 1/2 turn on your highs on both. I'd start a 75 pilot and go from there. Take your time tuning and watch your top rpm for a loss when running WOT. Thats lean and seizing. Just take your time and listen for deto (sounds like marbles bouncing inside the motor) and your rpm.

Make sure you following tuning for the carbs the way they MUST be done. Otherwise, your wasting your time. Hope this helps you some.

Thanks for the info. I did download the tuning guide for the carbs. I called up PPG and they are sending me their level 1 jet kit since I am planning on letting them mill my head also. I am diffidently running a carb brace.

When you get their kit post up the specs on the jets and needle and seats so we can see them. You should be fine as long as you follow their directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back