1995 XP Stock Jetting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
More of a FYI than anything:

I'm finishing up my carb rebuilds on a '95 XP 717 and came to find they had 137.5 high speed jets installed. Everywhere online, like Sea Doo PWC Carburetor Reference, states this ski should have 135 high speed jets. The ski is bone stock, and I'm skeptical they had even been opened before, so I could not figure out why the jets did not match the spec listed everywhere.

I messaged OSD and Nick was quick and helpful to clarify that the factory spec on this ski is indeed 137.5 high speeds (along with 67.5 low speeds). I've seen at least one thread on here where guys were going off the incorrect 135 information online, so if you have this ski, you may want to check your jetting.

Sea Doo PWC Carburetor Reference
I found this interesting because I am currently working on a 95 XP I have. I checked seadoo source and the 95 service manual and they both indicate 137.5 main jet and 67.5 Pilot jet. Good information though if there is some misinformation in places online.

I looked in the service manual myself, but could not find the jet specs. But I now see it's under Section 12 Technical Data and not in the Carburetor section. Thanks for the hint!

On a similar topic, the standard OEM Mikuni Super 38 rebuild kits come with two springs: a 115g and 65g. Mikuni's chart isn't very helpful, to me at least, as I cannot discern any color differences among them in the kit. Can anybody confirm the longer of the springs is the 115 gram?

Is 80 grams the correct spring on this '95 XP?

Attachments

• image (1).png
    image (1).png
    160.2 KB · Views: 2
On a similar topic, the standard OEM Mikuni Super 38 rebuild kits come with two springs: a 115g and 65g. Mikuni's chart isn't very helpful, to me at least, as I cannot discern any color differences among them in the kit. Can anybody confirm the longer of the springs is the 115 gram?

Is 80 grams the correct spring on this '95 XP?
80 gram is the correct spring, 1.2 needle

If you haven’t already purchased the rebuild kit OSD marine sells a back to OEM kit that is genuine Mikuni and includes the needle and seat. 139.99 USD

Back