RESTO 717 tourque at what rpms

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poormanracing

Have a customer that has a 96 speedster transom and jet drives that he made a 62 ft Chris craft at 1/2 scale.speed isn't a problem but I'm gonna fin8sh this for him over the winter.what rpm is peak tourque on this motor.the boat is gonna weight around 6500 lbs but he is going to drive it.who is a good company that deals with mods on the older skis.im a 35 year sea doo tech and my brain is a little foggy on the old technology.thanks I'll post pictures of this when I get closer

The choice of engines on that project doesn't make any sense to me at all but you never know what people are trying to accomplish. His money. :) Good Luck with it.

The 717 is the right amount of weight to make it ride correctly parts are relatively available don't need h.p need tourque to move it and need twins to help stear it.its the perfect motor combo for this type of project.

The 717 is the right amount of weight to make it ride correctly parts are relatively available don't need h.p need tourque to move it and need twins to help stear it.its the perfect motor combo for this type of project.

I'm always gonna go for "overkill" when it comes to power or capacity. :) 717 also gets good fuel burn efficiency. If 170hp is good 220 is better. LOL Good luck.. Pictures would be cool.

Perfectly to scale right down to knots in the water I got alot of fab work to do he got the outside done

Attachments

• IMG_6219.jpg
    IMG_6219.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7386.jpg
    IMG_7386.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7389.jpg
    IMG_7389.jpg
    425.8 KB · Views: 10
Just to be clear, 2-strokes in general don't make much torque, they use high rpm to get the HP.

I haven't seen any torque curves on any of these engines as I don't think anyone has strapped them to a dyno.

The only people that are really going to be able to help you with a low end impeller is Impros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back