Seadooforum mechanics!...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

seadoosnipe

Premium Member
Premium Member
As the season gets closer to spring, many people will be coming into the forum, looking for answers. I wanted to give my opinion on people you can count on, to help you find that answer or steer you in the right direction.

I'm a mechanic with over 35 years experience with 2 and 4 stroke combustible engines, gas turbines, steam turbines, vortex and pressure nozzles and much more in the field of engineering. I do not know everything and just as foul-able as the next person. We are all human and prone to mistakes.

KustomKarl has been a certified mechanic and racer of stand up skis (though I think he's too freakin old to race any more). He has a good knowledge of several types, not just Seadoo's.....

Nswillin, became a moderator from his obvious experience in troubleshooting and the ability to find an answer if he doesn't know it.

Now, the reason for the thread..........?

There are many members in this forum who have donated a lot of their time, helping others and are very much, great mechanics in the field they work. Some have been here for over a year, others are just starting but have demonstrated their keen sense of knowledge of the Rotax engines.

I'd like to point out some of these members in the event, your looking for help and your not so sure who to turn to. This does not preclude that someone not on "my little list" isn't' an experienced mechanic. I'm only posting, at this time, my opinions from following and reading replies by these members.

First, I'd like to recognize "rookie101".......he's basically the only in house mechanic we have, that I'm aware of, capable of troubleshooting the Merc, M-2 engines. He owns one and does his own maintenance. Need help with your Utopia, Challenger or Islandia, he's the guy to ask.

Rotax:.........

Dennis aka DAWG: (has many successful fixes for inquiring members)

Gunsrunner: Our mechanic down under. Specializes in the 787, removal,
repair and replacement.

Robin Savell Lloyd: A member so long, I think he was here before me!
Although you'll see his catch phrase "I could be wrong"....99.9% of
the time, he's right.

timmyboy76: He's had many boats and skis, works on them himself.
Knowledge of the 787, 717 and 657. Just don't try to read
through his internet slang (lingo). :rofl:

Chris_Cox: I did forget him!....he's our SAR (search and rescue) member who is also an ASE certified mechanic. His work with the 4-TEC engines shouldn't go un-noticed. He's great to have around if you get in trouble!...If you have an idea that you want to do something crazy but don't know if your going to cause you or someone around you harm, then Chris would probably know first hand. I'm sure he's seen all kinds of crazy stunts will working with SAR. As for ski repairs.......you can see his results by following his threads!

Sportsterjoel, top-speed, scooper77515,.... Looking for experienced knowledge, great opinions, various interest in different parts, mods, pumps, buyers guides, pump wearing rings......these guys can help.

dieselman: His work deals with lubricants and other types of petroleum
products. Want to know what types of oils will work? Here's
your guy.

Lastly, there are two newer members in the forum that have spent a good bit of time helping others. They seem to have a manual inside their head or they obviously have taken apart a lot of the Rotax engines.

PWCdoc? I'd rate him second to none. I believe he said he does own an operate a small repair facility, so as long as he's here to help out, we should take advantage of his service. He also has the ideas I do. "If there is a way to fix something without buying the 10 million dollar tool, he'll McGyver you a tool that will work...........so, listen up.......

The newest member, Chester! I've been impressed with his one line opinions. Why? Because the opinions are perfect answers and always fit the topic/category in which he responds. Like he's, "been there, done that". So, as long as he's willing to help out, he'll be an asset to our community.

I"m sure there are many members in the forum outside the ones I just listed. I"m not here to say someone is better than the other. Just that these are either members I've known for a long time and worked with personally or members who's posts/threads I've read and been impressed with.

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me directly on this thread. If your name is listed above and you don't want to be included in my thread, please inform me and I"ll remove the "lime light". Saying this in the event that a member doesn't want the extra attention or bother from PM's, soliciting advice, ...........is their prerogative. I do what I can to meet peoples needs.

All in all, this forum has come a long way. Not by the moderators but by members like I just listed. These people like me, Karl and Ryan (nswillin) who like this and consider it a hobby to be here are also here for the social community this forum provides us.

Thanks for being a part of the Seadooforum and I'm happy to work with the greatest bunch of people, here on the internet!...........:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said Louis. This forum would not anywhere near where it is today if it wasn't for all the help we receive from all you guys. :hurray::hurray::cheers::cheers:

It is safe to say that if I recommend something, run as fast as you can the other way...:boxing_smiley:

Ive havent even been here a month yet and I think about everybody (including yourself) you listed has helped me already so thanks everybody and keep it up :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Back