4tec vs 2 stroke 3 seater

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Last year, I fixed up a 95 gtx for my girlfriend to use. She loved to ride it but wanted something a little fast. So I fixed up a 97 GSX this winter for my girlfriend to use. However, she does not like it because it is not stable enough for her and wants more of a cruiser.

My question is should I try and find something like a 96-97 GTX with the 787 or should I just spend the money and get something like a GTI 130?

Maintence is not a concern as I have become knowledge on the 2 strokes but my main focus is on ride characteristics.

The 4tecs ride way better, take waves better, smoother, more stable, faster. You should get an RXT and I'm sure you will spend plenty of time riding it as well since they get close to 70 right out of the box.

My wrenches don't touch 4-strokes. Too easy and cheap to fix the 2-stroke and the GTX 1996 and up hull is my favorite. Manuverable and stable. Hella fun. I recently restored a 2003 GTX DI which is the larger hull and has OPAS. I only got to ride it for break-in and I was a bit impressed on the performance with the 951. When I mentioned that I wanted her to ride the 2003 GTX the first question my wife asked... am I still gonna be able to cut up like I do on the 1997 GTX?? She didn't get to ride it but I have another one I just bought.

I think the GS is a great platform for stability and fun and they don't weigh a ton. They are not as twitchy as the XP and earlier smaller skis. I think my favorite ski right now is the RX. It all depends on where you ride as to what ski will suit you best. We ride canals not large open areas or in the gulf.

Good luck whatever you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back