2 stroke oil

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Pat1939

I have a 1997 gsi and I need to put more oil in the oil tank. The previous owner said he used 2 stroke oil from Walmart and I’m not sure if I can just add the new oil (xps synthetic blend) or if I should drain the tank and start fresh. If I needed to drain the tank what else is needed to ensure the engine will not seize up. I’ve read you have to bleed something and I’m just not sure exactly what to do.

Just drain the Old oil from the tank, drain as much as you can from the rotary valve chamber, could replace the oil filter if it looks old but if not I don’t think it’s a big deal if you don’t. A new oil filter will make it easier to see if you have any air bubbles though. Then hook the hoses back up, fill your oil reservoir, open the bleeder screw on the oil pump, once oil starts coming out the bleeder screw close it. If you have any air bubbles in the line or in the filter you will have to take the hose back off at the top of the oil filter and turn it up in the air to allow the air to escape while positioning the rest of the oil line to the oil pump in such a way that the oil doesn’t leak out of that hose. A helper may be handy. Just keep at it till all the air bubbles are out. If you wanted to you could also siphon out a bit of the old oil and mix it with your new xps oil to see if it coagulates. If it doesn’t then nothing to worry about.

Back