4 tec no flow during flush

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

ww111

09 Islandia 430 2 4-tec 215's LH is fine but I screwed up and during a flush, turned the water on the RH before starting the engine, and now zero flow. Any possible answers? Is this only a flush problem that will not show up on he water? What fails if this happens Many thanks for assistance. I'm in between Daytona and Jax if someone wants to suggest a mechanic.

Don’t crank or try to start the engine. That will open your valves and water will enter your engine. Look in your owners manual, special procedures, water flooded engine, for guidance.

Don’t crank or try to start the engine. That will open your valves and water will enter your engine. Look in your owners manual, special procedures, water flooded engine, for guidance.
Are you saying there are valves that will let water into the engine crankcase? (The engine runs, BTW) Also
5. Water flooded engine.
– Contact an authorized Sea-Doo Sport Boats dealer. (Does not help)

Are you saying there are valves that will let water into the engine crankcase? (The engine runs, BTW) Also
5. Water flooded engine.
– Contact an authorized Sea-Doo Sport Boats dealer. (Does not help)

If you run the hose prior to starting your motor, you run the risk of back-filling your exhaust with water. If enough water gets in you run the risk of ingesting water through the exhaust valves when they open (typically during starting).

In the service manual there's a procedure for pumping water out of a flooded engine. It basically shuts off fuel and spark to the motor. On our boat, there's a servo in front of the helm that must be zip-tied in the fully open position. If you have a cable connecting your throttle lever directly to the throttle body, I believe the procedure is to hold the throttle WOT while hitting the starter (you should absolutely confirm before you attempt).

Have you pulled any plugs to check for water? Have you checked your oil for any presence of water?

What have you done so far? How long did you have the hose running on the starboard motor?

So the engine runs fine but just has zero water flow? Where is the water going?

Start the engine, turn on the hose, find out where the water is going?

As long as the engine is running fine, you didn't do any engine damage but water should flow out of the pump after 20 seconds or so.

So the engine runs fine but just has zero water flow? Where is the water going?
Start the engine, turn on the hose, find out where the water is going?
As long as the engine is running fine, you didn't do any engine damage but water should flow out of the pump after 20 seconds or so.
Engine runs fine, zero flow. I think there could be an obstruction. I'm making a cheater hose to see if I can bypass the manifold to verify that's where the problem is.

Have you tried checking the hose from the pump to the manifold yet? I believe it's a 3/4" hose and it connects to the front underside of the exhaust manifold.

On the 215s, the inlet water line goes through the intercooler first and then to the exhaust manifold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back