3up 90HO or gtr 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Losorio

Im on the fence value wise its cool to have a craft for so little $ but then I saw the gtr 215 and fell in love. No i dont know. What do you guys think? I will be riding around lakes in colorado and thats pretty much it

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we have both, a 2014 Spark and a 2015 GTR.
After riding the Spark for one season we decided to buy another one so we could ride together. The Spark is a superfun playmachine and we are really satisfied with its performance but wanted to have a different second one so we could alternate between them.
The GTR is GREAT allaround ski, playfull, fast and comortable and if I had to choose one it would be the GTR.

Yeah everyone tells me the spark is a pretty cool machine. Plus its tempting cause it is soooo affordable. I just dont want to buy it and then further down the road buy the 215 anyways. Im just a sucjer for speed and the gtr 215 looks like an incredibly fast boat, but I tell you $90 a month payments and a whole day of fun for $30 bucks of fuel its tempting...

My opinion is how many riders? If you are always solo then go for the spark, but 2up you will want a bigger ski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sparks are quite a bit smaller. If you are riding 2 up I highly suggest a larger ski. There are some really great deals on some 2014 155's left as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Spark is a PWC, The rest are CWC's (couples water craft). I love the Spark over the GTX but I prefer to ride alone. It is a blast to stand up on the back and ride wheelies or fly 10 feet over a wake. Can't to that on the couch!

Not really a fair comparison. Spark is GREAT for what it is and the cost, but it is NOT a larger full size ski by any means. If you just want a smaller machine that will run well and go fast, the Spark will do that. But if you want to carry three people or pull and item or go for longer cruises, you need to step up to a larger frame.

The Spark is a PWC, The rest are CWC's (couples water craft). I love the Spark over the GTX but I prefer to ride alone. It is a blast to stand up on the back and ride wheelies or fly 10 feet over a wake. Can't to that on the couch!

Maybe you should try riding an RXT-X or an RXP-X...the other half of the "couple" tends to fall off easily. At least the way I drive :)

As far as which ski to get, you got to understand that the Spark and the GTR will give you two different types of riding. You can get a very wet, feel like you are in the water ride out of the Spark, and a very fast edge of your seat ride from a GTR. The GTR will take choppy water more comfortably, so if you are in to long distance cruising, it would also be a better option for comfort (not on gas though).

I am of the opinion, though, that everyone needs at least two skis! Get the best of both worlds.

Like CoastieJoe said, it isn't a fair comparasion. The seadoo spark was meant to spark a new revolution of cheaper seadoos, and the GTR is more expensive, bigger, and more luxurious.

Back