3D-DI stand-up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
i just bought a 2006 951 3ddi model for £1000 its a got a dead engine as previous owner didnt put enough oil in it but im getting it rebuilt now the hull and body are in mint condition aprox 20 hours on ski so when get engine back it'll be like having a new ski just hope it rides as good as what i've heard from others i'll get back to youz all when all sorted

I have the 787 version, versus the DI and absolutely love it. I wouldn't have another 951 if you gave it to me. I have all the attachments other than the knee. Really fun to ride with plenty of power. I weigh 215 and it doesn't have problems pulling me around.

are the 951 di engines that bad. even if after every ride (once a week) and its back home its flushed out and engine fogged to keep internals clean and lubed will i still get problems

The 951 DI is a great engine, extremely smooth and reliable with excellent gas mileage, better than the 800 because it has much more power IMO.

You have to use XPS full synthetic oil with the DI motor. Since it uses less fuel, it relies heavily on the oil for cooling and lubrication.

I've owned both the 3Ds with the 800 and 951DI and the 800 is definitely under powered, not to mention the leaning issue. The DI will pull you out of spins whereas the 800 struggles and 7 mph faster on my gps.

The 3d is the best fun you can have on a ski.
The diehard stand up brigade dis them lots but most of them aint been near one never mind seen one. LoL.

I tried stand up mode and found it hard work and less manouvrable. Motocross style is the way forward. Stand up and grip the seat with your knee's. Big air and safe landing.
As long as you dont sit when landing.

The Di is better on fuel and has the edge on its older bro (800) But I would have any if the price was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back