2x 96 xp no spark

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought a pair of xps . one would run if i jumped the solenoid i replaced the solenoid but i put the small black wire on the positive and the coil smoked . installed new coil . no spark at the plug . i made sue the small black wire is grounded and making connection i switched the entire grey box from the other xp . still no spark . i tried a test light on the white wire on the coil spinning the motor i don't see anything , it does two short beeps when i press the lanyard on . the center gauge lights up . the engine turns over and the tach moves ever so slightly while its spinning over .both grey boxes look new inside with no blown fuses . I'm testing spark by holding the plug on the head and spinning the engine i even tried using a screwdriver and small air gap zero fire on either ski any help would be GREATLY appreciated . i found the measurements for the grey box internals but mine seems to be different i can't find a red wire with a ring connector end inside either box of mine

A bad CDI can cause a no spark condition. I'd suggest the purchase of a spark testor From Autozone. It is a great tool to have and makes an easy hands free positive check . Good Luck.

Attachments

• Spark Testor.jpg
    Spark Testor.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 7
could be the trigger pickup,,,you can find the testing procedure out here,,relatively easy.

Not that anyone cares but I ordered a cdi I do find it strange that both cdi boxes are bad and have similar readings.

Attachments

• 647525C9-0902-4AB7-9EC7-558BA5D606C2.jpeg
    647525C9-0902-4AB7-9EC7-558BA5D606C2.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 4
checking those boxes with a multi-meter to verify if they are good or bad is difficult. If you spend a lot of time with them you learn which readings are significant. I find it strange both CDIs would be bad as well. I would have purchased one but... be sure you check your electrical system before installing. Good Luck and don't throw your old boxes away just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back