250 Optimax Charging Issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dblackstone

This post is more for anyone that may have the same issue. Also very important to have service Manual for your motor as it walks you right thru testing if you are not familiar with it.

Over the weekend we had our Islandia have trouble starting after a few day of rain and bilge pump had been running. Went up the lake to go to our favorite Restaurant for dinner thinking it would recharge the batteries on the ride up, came back out and started hard again. No beeps indicating low voltage but Thanks to Vessel View Mobile I noticed the volts were just below 13 when it should have been higher. Next morning the boat wouldn't start, charged both batteries and it started no problem but then cut out as soon as I went to throttle up and then wouldn't start at all. Took out Alternator and sure enough tested it and it was bad, also pulled the Positive wire from alternator to Solenoid with the 100 amp Fuse able link in it and the fuse wasn't blown but way more flexible then it should have been and when testing it worked but if you flexed it just right it didn't showing a week connection. Also checked the fuses on the motor and found the 5 amp fuel pump fuse was blown.

I also tested the batteries like I do in the spring and Battery 2 that I have the Bilge wired directly to has gotten week so I replaced it.

Ordered an aftermarket Alternator and new Quicksilver Fuse-able link and replaced everything and started right up and volts where they need to be.

Part #s

Quicksilver 84-878231A03 HARNESS ASSEMBLY Fuse

Delco Alternators #: 19020704 & 19020707
Mercury Marine #: 875286A1, 881247A1, 889956,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back