240 sportjet low oil warning questions.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain exactly how the low oil alarm works?
Here is what mine is doing
turn Key on and a beep every second startes and the oil light on dash is on. I pulled the oil level switch out of engine mounted resovoir. If the float is all the way down it sounds the alarm, float half way up the alarm quits but returns when the float is all the way up and the red light never goes out no matter the position. I do get the system ok check beep when i first turn key on and its on 50:1 premix right now.

So is it safe to say sensor is bad? Better way to check?
Is the red light also tied to the float switch or another sensor?
And why have red light and beeper? or is one supposed to sound before the other?
How do i bypass this just to see if light goes off? Unhook wires and leave them or short them together?

Sorry for all the question but all the searching ive done has just lead to more questions than answers and figured someone here would have first hand experience, thanks in advance.

Sounds like the sender is bad. If it's all the way up... it should be off.

I'd say it's not safe at all to run with the sender in question. The reason is... if you do have a real failure... you will roast the engine.

Ive got a sendor on the way. What do you think about the red light? related or something else? It shows low oil but just read somewhere else that the description is wrong and it could be another alarm turning it on. The boat is low of fuel. prob 9 gallons or so will this turn the light on? Thanks

Yes...

The light on the seadoo Mercury boats is sort of wrong. It has a little oil can... but in reality, it's the systems "warning" light. It will illuminate with any ECU warning.

BUT... if you can make it turn off, with the oil sender half way up... you already found the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back