230 Wake Port Engine Trouble Starting

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just purchased a used 2008 Seadoo 230 wake with the duel 430 hp engines. I have had it only for two days, this is my first seadoo boat, and I did not get a manual. Any advice at all would help. I am having the following troubles.

1) Engine on the Left (port) side will no longer start.

Symptems - will make a click sound but will not turn over.

Here is what happened, I started the boat, (both engines) drove aprox 500ft at 3 thou RPM, then the port engine died, and will no longer start.

NOTE: If I try to start the port engine while the other engine is running, doing so will shut off the starboard engine.....Starboard engine easily starts again no problems...

Other things I noticed
1) I started the boat in 2 1/2 feet of water, then 500ft later the port engine died. My guess is I picked up a rock? Pulled the boat out of the water, inspected the impeller, can't see anything.

2) The Forward - Neutral - Reverse (black handle) is very hard to push or pull. Is this normal? could this be it? or a different issue?

3) Prior to the port engine problem, on the first day in the water I had a hard time finding Neutral so the boat would not start, but starts fine once in the proper location.

Any advice would be great....thanks in advance.

We occasionally have this problem but it has never been confined to one engine. The clicking sound would lead me to believe it has something to do with the battery. Same situation occurred to us when the already running motor died once we tried to start the second. Our solution was to put a second battery in to make sure we always had enough charge. It has been working great so far for us. I don't think it is totally necessary to do this to yours but just make sure you put at least a full day charge on it.

The gear selection lever should be firm but not abnormally so. As to if this is a variable in your engine trouble, I do not know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back