SeaDoo 230 Wake

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Klipster

I have a 2011 SeaDoo 230 Wake 510 HP.
I may have an issue with the intercooler on the port engine. Port engine has reduced power for about the first 10 to 15 minutes of operation. What is the best way to tell if the intercooler is leaking? So far I have pulled off the intercooler hose that goes to the throttle body. There is a small amount of sediment inside the intercooler.

Removed the intercooler and shook a lot of oxidation out the inlet and outlet ports from supercharger and throttle body. What I like to call white rust. I believe that there should be no oxidation in this area because it just moves air. Believe the intercooler to be leaking. No water in oil. Reference the attached pics. Outlet port is the pic on the left. Replacement intercoolers coming from Fizzle on Wednesday. will keep y'all posted on further developments.

Attachments

• IMG_1179.JPG
    IMG_1179.JPG
    242 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 11
Should not have debris in you IC on the air side.

Only sure test is pressure test the water side with compressed air.

I had a leak in my IC and it caused surging and throttle flat spots.

Changed out the intercooler. Problem solved. Went with Fizzle's on both engines.
Just noticed your post , i had the same issue , lower rpm , poor acceleration , thanks good problem was found earlier than complete engine rebuild :) 2 reasons > 1. salt water , 2. winter and frozen water

Back