Intercooler Hose Issue

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

broseph

I am having a recurrent issue with my Speedster 200 (510 hp). Both superchargers have been rebuilt and engines have been replaced over the past 3 years. On one of my engines, the hose keeps popping off of the intercooler. No matter how much I tighten the clamp, it will come off particularly while under boost. There is a small amount of oil in the tube. The engine otherwise performs well. Thoughts on the problem? Need a new intercooler? Need a supercharger rebuild? Something else.

I am assuming you are talking about the hoses on the air side...

Have you actually looked at the clamp? I am guessing it is distorted or damaged.

Also, there is a lip on the SC and the hose needs to be pushed far onto the fitting so that when you place the clamp it is on clamping the hose past this lip. This way, if the clamp is tight it is almost impossible to come off as the clamp would need to loosen to a diameter large enough to clear the increased diameter of the lip. Basically the hose needs to go well onto the fitting, with the clamp put 1/4" from the rubber end.

Oil in the tube is normal. If the boat performs as normal, there is nothing else wrong.

I would look at some point in time in rebuilding the SC's as you stray further from the 2 year requirement.

Back