Water in bilge...2011 GTI SE130

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
With the engine off, when I drop the ski (on its lift) to this line (see picture) water starts to come in from the very back of the ski (on both port and starboard side). I cannot see the origin (yet) as it is coming from somewhere hidden by a rubber hose on the starboard and the iBR pump on the port side. The water is not coming from the hose flush port (as that is tight and sealed, as best I can tell).
To be clear, (with the ski on the lift) when the water is below this line, the bilge is dry...when the water reaches this line (very precisely and repeatedly) water seeps in.
This ski only has 32 hours on it. This leak does not seem to be associated with the carbon ring. I suspect that it is coming in/around the drain holes BUT they both seem to be tight with good O-rings.
Any ideas where to start my search? Thanks!
Water line.jpg

I would check all your cooling hoses from the jet pump, that connect at the hull, and go to your exhaust. Make sure the clamps are tight and not rusted and broken. You could also do the reverse test - fill your hull with 15 or 20 gallons of fresh hose water and tip your trailer up in the front a few feet off the ground and see if water leaks out of the hull anywhere.

I believe I have isolated the salt water intrusion from the hull penetrations where the "radiator" hoses go thru to the riding plate. I am hoping this is a known issue with a known solution?
Riding plate.JPGRiding plate photo.jpg

The ride plate doesn't usually leak but it's possible. Not too difficult to remove the ride plate and reseal using the proper loctite flange sealant.

The ride plate doesn't usually leak but it's possible. Not too difficult to remove the ride plate and reseal using the proper loctite flange sealant.
I saw a few videos where the impeller had to be removed to get the ride plate off...didn't know why! Anyway, I will look for a graphic or something from the service manual on how to do it...THANKS!

Back