2023 wake pro 230 ski mode problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Charlescrotts

I’m having issues using ski mode. i choose Ski mode. Select the ramp. Select the ski. Move to the check mark. Give it full throttle and the ski does not get up and go. also it goes 21mph no matter if I choose 9mph or 37mph. Can e anyone help me

Look at your multifunction display when you are pushing buttons and make sure what you are trying to do annunciates on the display. If it's not there it won't happen. Also read thru your operators manual and make sure you are pushing the right buttons in the correct sequence. Its called information overload and very common in modern aviation flight decks.

Charlescroots I am having a similar issue with my Wake Pro 2022. Ski Mode worked fine the first 3 weeks of August 2022 when I received it. Then stopped working. The Dealer replaced the Ski Mode module but 15 mph (even when set at 9 mph) is the slowest it will hold the speed now and I want 9 mph. Have you been able to resolve your Ski Mode issue?

I'm having similar issues on my 2022 Wake Pro 230 as well. I go through all the steps on my screen (Ramp, select to the right, Target speed, select to the right, Pull throttle fully and it only goes 9-10ish. No ramp up or anything, more like a "fast" idle forward speed. If i take it out of that mode and just do it manually, i am able to do full speed and very my speed like normal. I just have to constantly feather the throttle. It's like i'm not doing something to "lock it in"??

Sport mode works just fine too.

I'm having issues getting the "Speed Limiter" to work well too. I can set the "cruising" speed after i get up to a speed I like, but I can't increase the speed while driving. The speed will go up on the "set point" but can't get it to actually speed up when i'm going. I thought i would be able to adjust my max speed "on the fly"?

Any help would be great!

Anyone out there have any ideas?
I took it back out this weekend and no matter what I did, it just says around 10 mph or so. No ramp up, not even coming close to the speed I select.

It acts like the ski module doesn’t know my speed that I’m going. I tried the SPEED LIMITER as well and it will hold the speed I select when I am moving but if I slow back down to idle and go again, it just goes right past my set speed. I can’t increase or decrease the speed on the screen either. Like it doesn’t know how fast one going. Very strange.

Help?

Since you guys are discussing ski mode, I was hoping you could tell me if the Retractable Ski Pylon helps Slalom Skier start ?
We are Slalom skiing behind a 2005 GTX SC, but the rope is below the seat in the stock cleat. Does raising the rope help a lot ?
Thank You

Attachments

• 20230802_120530.jpg
    20230802_120530.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 5
My kids like the pylon for skiing, wake skating, & wake boarding. Make it pull them out of the water easier and pulls them forward better (instead of pulling there arms down towards the low hook). I have the deck hook on my ski though, not behind the seat.

I’m having issues using ski mode. i choose Ski mode. Select the ramp. Select the ski. Move to the check mark. Give it full throttle and the ski does not get up and go. also it goes 21mph no matter if I choose 9mph or 37mph. Can e anyone help me
my 2022 wake pro does the same!! i sent mine in under warranty and the dealer replaced a gps module !! machine came back with the same problem after 2 weeks!! problem is still not solved !!

I'm having similar issues on my 2022 Wake Pro 230 as well. I go through all the steps on my screen (Ramp, select to the right, Target speed, select to the right, Pull throttle fully and it only goes 9-10ish. No ramp up or anything, more like a "fast" idle forward speed. If i take it out of that mode and just do it manually, i am able to do full speed and very my speed like normal. I just have to constantly feather the throttle. It's like i'm not doing something to "lock it in"??

Sport mode works just fine too.

I'm having issues getting the "Speed Limiter" to work well too. I can set the "cruising" speed after i get up to a speed I like, but I can't increase the speed while driving. The speed will go up on the "set point" but can't get it to actually speed up when i'm going. I thought i would be able to adjust my max speed "on the fly"?

Any help would be great!
i have the same problem!!!waiting for solution!

i have the same problem!!! waiting for solution

I took it back out this weekend and no matter what I did, it just says around 10 mph or so. No ramp up, not even coming close to the speed I select.

It acts like the ski module doesn’t know my speed that I’m going. I tried the SPEED LIMITER as well and it will hold the speed I select when I am moving but if I slow back down to idle and go again, it just goes right past my set speed. I can’t increase or decrease the speed on the screen either. Like it doesn’t know how fast one going. Very stra

It acts like the ski module doesn’t know my speed that I’m going. I tried the SPEED LIMITER as well and it will hold the speed I select when I am moving but if I slow back down to idle and go again, it just goes right past my set speed. I can’t increase or decrease the speed on the screen either. Like it doesn’t know how fast one going. Very strange.

Help?

How many of your respected dealers know about the problem and have you asked that it be elevated directly to corporate for help?

Curious to learn: on these modules is this feature added through cpu programming directly or just include the ski module (add on module)?

i am just waiting the summer is over to send mine in again !! i heard this wakepro model comes with built in ski mode software ,not the hard plug and play ski module !! funny part is it doest come with "x package " .. but if you wanna add a ski/x module on other models you can buy it in 3 diferent options !! (ski ) only or (x ) only or(ski/x )together !!

SKI MODE IS FIXED!
It took (2) visits to the dealer for them to get it working.
First visit was a waist. They just thought that Ski would would show up on the screen or something. They reset the "cluster" and told me what buttons to press and patted me on the butt and sent me off. That didn't change anything.
Second visit, they took it out on the lake and hooked it to there computer (they ran "BUDS").
They found out that the throttle trigger once pulled in all the way was only showing the internal computer about 90%. The computer needs to see at least 95% in order to initiate "ski mode". Otherwise, it will just go forward at a slow pace (like for letting slack out or positioning).
They changed the "HAND LEVER_ACCELERATOR - P/N: 277002138" & the "LEVER SENSOR - P/N: 278002283".
After they did that, they were seeing 99% on there computer.

Took it out this past weekend and everything worked as expected!
VERY VERY nice to have this feature! Makes pulling people very nice!

And this also fixed my "SPEED LIMITER" mode as well..... i'm 98% sure. I only tried it briefly this weekend. I forgot to really try it out. But the time i did try it, it seemed to work properly. Looks like it need to see a full throttle pull too.

SKI MODE IS FIXED!
It took (2) visits to the dealer for them to get it working.
First visit was a waist. They just thought that Ski would would show up on the screen or something. They reset the "cluster" and told me what buttons to press and patted me on the butt and sent me off. That didn't change anything.
Second visit, they took it out on the lake and hooked it to there computer (they ran "BUDS").
They found out that the throttle trigger once pulled in all the way was only showing the internal computer about 90%. The computer needs to see at least 95% in order to initiate "ski mode". Otherwise, it will just go forward at a slow pace (like for letting slack out or positioning).
They changed the "HAND LEVER_ACCELERATOR - P/N: 277002138" & the "LEVER SENSOR - P/N: 278002283".
After they did that, they were seeing 99% on there computer.

Took it out this past weekend and everything worked as expected!
VERY VERY nice to have this feature! Makes pulling people very nice!

And this also fixed my "SPEED LIMITER" mode as well..... i'm 98% sure. I only tried it briefly this weekend. I forgot to really try it out. But the time i did try it, it seemed to work properly. Looks like it need to see a full throttle pull too.
Big thanks to you Ryan to share this details !! i sent my 2022 wake pro in yestarday to try one more time the fix !! but now i will send an email to my tech showing what you wrote !! i hope the dont ignore it and fix mine as well !! thanks again

Not a problem!
I hope it fixes your issue.
I looked all over the internet for a fix and never saw this as an issue.
Hope it helps!

i forgot to ask you !!!! did you feel any diference about performance with the new throttle sensor ?? ( i am asking that because i took my friends gtr230 and i notice a big diference between his gtr230 and my wake pro 230 ... ) mine is not quick as his when taking off. 0-60.

I havn't gone out on it just myself yet, maybe this weekend.
I did open it up several times and it still feels crazy fast. Almost threw me off... again...
Not sure if there are any performance differences b/t the GTR and wake pro ether (tuning wise).

i never felt mine crazy fast when pulling the gas lever aggressively since seadoo was brandnew !! i will tell you after the new sensor gets installed!! my mechanics is waiting for the parts!! cheers

my skimode is also fixed with the new throttle sensor !! now the new sensor is sending 99.7% ,, the old stock that came with the seadoo was only 95%. thanks again Ryan810cows for sharing it with us!!

Back