2021 GTX 130 pro

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Suzie3540

Hi i just purchased a 2021 GTX 130 pro, ex-rental.
Can i upgrade the screen to the LCD colour split screen, is it compatible?
Also is there any other upgrades for this ski ?

I have a 2022 GTX 130 Pro and as far as I can tell, it is the same. These are the modifications I have either done are am considering doing:

Tilt Steering
I have added tilt steering and used this youtube video to help me through the process. The part numbers he calls out are incorrect though. Go to seadoo warehouse, look at the diagrams for the GTX 130 Pro and a normal GTX and figure out which parts you actually need.

Ski Mode
There is one person who added the ski mode and started a thread on it here. There are several details missing from that thread that I have painfully figured out. The connector that goes into the RH keypad is a Delphi GT 150. You are better off buying a complete kit from any electronics place rather than the connector from seadoo warehouse since theirs only comes with one terminal and seal (you need 3). I had to buy packs of terminals and seals separately to complete that task. The connector on the cluster side is a 20 pin molex MX150 rectangular connector. Read their guidelines on how to assemble these connectors. I had to order specialty crimpers and pin extraction tools for each of these connectors. I also went ahead and ordered a spare 20 pin molex MX150 connector because I needed the terminals and wanted to practice on one that was an integral part of my electric system harness. Alternatively, I could have just ordered a set of terminals for ~$6-8, but the extra $14 was a cheap insurance/training tool for me. Disconnecting that molex MX150 connector is tricky, see attached image showing instructions on how to do it. You have to pull the red tab AND push down on the latch for it to release. Once you disconnect it, you will need to remove the plastic plugs on spot #4 and 15 (see diagram) and this is where you need their specialty overpriced tool. You can check the color codes on some of the other pins (circled in red) to make sure you are installing them in the right spot. Pierreye mentioned something about the pin out on the diagram being wrong. This is somewhat true. If you look at the connectors for the LH and RH keypad on the diagram, it shows pin "C" at the top but if you consider one is pointing left and the other right, you realize that's impossible/not correct (if the one on the left is at the top, then when flipped to point to the right, pin "C" should be at the bottom). On top of all this, you need the ski module and find someone with a BUDS2 megatech (expert) license to switch the "type" from "rental" to "SE" per pierreye's post (see earlier link).

Upgrading to GTX 170
Seems like a wish list item for now. Coming from a spark, I do feel the acceleration lacking and it seems this would address that. I am not very interested in the top speed improvement (+3-5 mph?) but I am mildly concerned with fuel consumption. The spark sips on fuel and it already feels like this model chugs fuel.

Trim Tabs & Cruise Control
It seems like a good idea to unlock these features while I am paying someone with the BUDS2 software in case I want to add this capability down the road.

What is the best way to find someone with a BUDS2 license? I haven't tried the dealers but I assume they are either too expensive or wont unlock some of these features since it undercuts the ability to upsell higher end models. I reached out to Reliable Tuning since they advertise a GTX130 Pro to 170 upgrade. I asked specifically about unlocking the RH keypad and they said that it wouldn't be a problem. I am leaning that route unless someone posts another/better idea.

Attachments

• 20 pin mole connector.png
    20 pin mole connector.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 2022 diagram RH keypad.png
    2022 diagram RH keypad.png
    94.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back