2020 RXT-X 300 towing exhaust valve install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbaeyens

Need a little help here! I have a Magic Marine Tow for my boat and want to start towing my 2020 RXT-X 300 at around 25-33 mph. The dealer said my PWC could be towed up to 18mph per the manual but any faster and the water pressure could force water through the exhaust and into the engine. I found a video online showing how to install the cutoff valve but the model year was a 2018, and when I opened up my engine bay, it looked different. Has anyone done this installation on their 2020 model year or can advise which pipe I should install the cutoff valve on? Thanks in advance.IMG_3045.jpegIMG_3047.jpegIMG_3049.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3047.jpeg
    IMG_3047.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3049.jpeg
    IMG_3049.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
I don't have a direct answer, but for reasons unknown to me, BRP stopped recommending pinching the hose off. But, the hose is marked on my 2012 with red tape...There's no mention of it in owners manuals since about 2012. They just state to keep towing speed under 20 mph.

A little more info here: (I realize it's dated)
http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282731

Thanks for the reply! I can always tow it less than 20mph even though I prefer cruising at a faster pace. I had another idea, not sure if it has any merit, but I wonder if I start the engine and let it idle in neutral while I tow it faster if the engine being on, the exhaust out would be enough pressure to prevent water from entering in. It doesn't use much gas in neutral and the ride out to my destination is around 60 minutes, so I can't imagine it overheating in that short amount of time since it's internally cooled. Thoughts?

To get to 18pmh your engine is far above idle creating more exhaust pressure to keep the water out of the engine. Good idea but a little risky on a 2020 ski and the damage it could cause if you ingest water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back