2019 GTI with polytec boarding ladder install

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mocarsky8030

Just picked up the boarding ladder for my 2019 GTI and am a little confused on the instructions. There are three types of screws or "install kits" in the box. According to the instruction sheet the GTI with polytec requires the torx screws with nuts threaded on from the back. I can't see anyway of doing that without removing the entire hull. The other option are coarse screws that screw into the hull without nuts from the back. this option would be much easier, but if its not correct I don't want the ladder not being secure.

Just a follow-up. I talked to my local dealer and Sea-Doo customer service. They confirmed that you don't have to split the hull, but of course you do have to remove a ton of parts to create sufficient clearance to do the job. My dealer quoted me $202.50 to do it. Best $202.50 I'll ever spend.

Just a follow-up. I talked to my local dealer and Sea-Doo customer service. They confirmed that you don't have to split the hull, but of course you do have to remove a ton of parts to create sufficient clearance to do the job. My dealer quoted me $202.50 to do it. Best $202.50 I'll ever spend.
I did the same, got quoted about the same price. Definitely worth every penny. Very happy with the install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back