2018 GRR 230 - Boarding ladder installation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

ezgoin92

2018 Sea Doo GTR 230 - I bought a Sea Doo Boarding ladder (Part number 295100742) to instal on the ski but looking for any advice before I drill into the hull. The alignment looks straight forward enough, but I wanted to determine if the holes actually go all the way through the hull. I have pulled up the instructions from the installation.brp.com website (we have drain hole style B) which says to not drill deeper than indicated, however I do not see where it says a specific depth to drill. I have had two people look at the instructions who have not been able to find the drill depth so figured I would ask here. Outside of the drill depth, I believe if I am reading correctly I will use the course thread screws not the bolt style ones? Also do the screws seal tight enough or would it be good to use a sealant for waterproofing redundancy? As always thanks in advance.

From what I understand..

You are supposed to drill 1/2 inch but most say that is through the hull.

Always use sealant even if you don't go through the hull as water is not meant to be on the inside of the hull material period.

3M 5200 is what have used in the past anytime I have to put a hole in a hull.

If you are using sealant. Fill the hole and put a blob on the outside hole, then put your screw in.

Back