2015 gtx won’t go more than 42mph?!! Any help on this please!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakemysta

I have a 2015 gtx 155, with 30 hours on it and just started it up ready for summer, did new oil filter and oil before taking it out. Got it out on water and would only do 42 mph top speed?! If any one knows what the problem is, or have had this problem before, please fill me would be much appreciated thank you!

Love it, Southern Hemisphere member. Assuming it was faster before you changed oil and filter I would check your oil level. You probably overfilled the oil. Make sure you check the oil level correctly, it’s like a 4 step process. Service manual.
If the oil level is at the correct level I would then service the spark plugs, they should be changed every year.

Fuel Injectors. I posted here about my 2012 RXT 260 that came out of Winter storage and ran like crap, top speed 40-50 mph at best. After a second oil change and new plugs, it was 1 bad injector.

What oil did you put in? Full synthetic will lower the oil pressure putting your engine into limp mode. Make sure you use the blend from sea Doo.

What I should have mentioned is that the repairs on mine were done at my local dealer. I know they used the proper BRP oil recommended for my SeaDoo. It had been in storage for >1 year through 2 winters.

What oil did you put in? Full synthetic will lower the oil pressure putting your engine into limp mode. Make sure you use the blend from sea Doo.
Just curious how full synthetic will lower the oil pressure? As long as it is the correct weight oil it doesn't matter if it is conventional or synthetic as far as oil pressure goes.

Yes, only reason we don’t use full synthetic is the supercharger clutch washers doesn’t like it.

Engine Oil

Recommended Engine Oil

Models with 155 Engine

Use XPS 4-STROKE SYNTH. BLEND OIL (SUMMER) (P/N 293 600 121).

If the recommended XPSTM engine oil is not available, use a 5W40 or 10W40 engine oil meeting the requirements for API service classification SM, SL or SJ. Always check the API service label certification on the oil container, it must contain at least one of the above standards.

Models with 215 and 260 Engines

Use XPS 4-STROKE SYNTH. BLEND OIL (SUMMER) (P/N 293 600 121).

NOTICE These engines have been developed and validated using the BRP XPS Synthetic blend oil. BRP recommends the use of its XPS Synthetic blend oil at all times. If the recommended XPS engine oil is not available, use a 10W40 mineral engine oil compatible with wet clutches. Damages caused by oil which is not suitable for the engine will not be covered by the BRP limited warranty.

The 155 Engine is much less restrictive: you can use any( If the recommended XPSTM engine oil is not available) 5W40 or 10W40 engine oil meeting the requirements for API service classification SM, SL or SJ. Always check the API service label certification on the oil container, it must contain at least one of the above standards.
SN and SN plus are the newer versions of SM. Just stay away from anything SA - SL

Last edited:
Just curious how full synthetic will lower the oil pressure? As long as it is the correct weight oil it doesn't matter if it is conventional or synthetic as far as oil pressure goes.

Low pressure sensor are set at 28psi. Full synthetic has great shear strength. It is thinner, but not a problem, it just slips through the galleys easier. Slightly lower oil pressure. Ref ACEA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back