2013 Wake 155 (never been wet) - Found a strange O Ring on the floor in my garage...

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

wisemonkey

I purchased a brand new wake 155 and I found a 1" O ring underneath my trailer last night while sweeping the garage. The O ring has a split in it but I have no idea where it goes. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMAG0302.jpg
    IMAG0302.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 32
While there are several places that use an o-ring about that size, I don't think any of them could actually fall out, drain plugs are a little smaller I think. I would guess it is from something else and wouldn't worry too much about it. However, with all first rides of any ski, I would keep a careful eye on everything and check the engine several times on your maiden voyage.

Maybe some one at the dealer replaced it and forgot to throw it out. Maybe stuck on the ski or trailer and just now came loose in your garage.

Do you powerwash the trailer, etc? maybe the tires picked it up on the road.

either way if it has slits in it, then it's no good.

No. The O-Ring. Why would I care if he got the Doo wet....... Oh wait... I see what you mean......

D'oh!!!!!!!

No. The O-Ring. Why would I care if he got the Doo wet....... Oh wait... I see what you mean......

D'oh!!!!!!!

I did take it out on Saturday and it didn't sink :) Other than the hull rocking back and forth at around 15 mph, the machine seemed fine.

The fact that a brand new Sea Doo didn't sink is a good one, as I pick up mine in just over a week at the dealers. Does it rock JUST at 15mph, or that's where it starts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back