2012 Wake Pro 215, no start, no beeps

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrannik

i,

I have a 2012 WakePro 215 - second owner - when I try to start it absolutely nothing happens- no start, no beep, no response from instrument panel -

Here are my troubleshooting steps -

1. checked battery - 11.5 volts (is this not enough?)
2. bypassed electrical system by jumping the solenoid - result is that engine starts
3. checked all the fuses in the fusebox - all are good
4. inspected fusebox, reseated all fuses after cleaning fusebox for any possible corrosion - looks ok
5. checked continuity on wire leads on underside of fuse box to see if there was any break or corrosion - none found
6. inspected start button switch, DESS key post for corrosion or damage - none found
7. replaced 30 amp relay after visiting forums and seeing that suggestion - wow, a result! now when I press the start button, i can hear the new relay clicking, and briefly the display flashes on then goes off- but engine does not start.

What can I try next?

I put the battery on a trickle charger overnight, and low and behold, the dang thing starts! got 12.5 on the volt meter- so it looks like a combo of the 30 amp relay and the weak battery were the culprits. Thanks!

FYI, this is a state of charge - voltage graph, 11.5 v shows us a 40% state of charge of a new battery, with our small, low cranking amp, low ah batteries, battery voltage needs to check in around 12.5v as you have shown to supply necessary current for starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back