2012 Sea Doo GTI SE 130 Oil Change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just joined the forum - can anyone tell me if it is absolutely necessary that the boat be absolutely level when extracting oil? I have (2) 2009 GTI 130's and am about to attempt my first DIY oil/filter change. I have the required tools/materials and basic understanding of the procedure. But my boats hang in a lift with a slight incline and I don't know if this would cause oil to pool in the back of the sump when I extract. My procedure (from this forum) indicates insertion of the extraction tube to be 18.7" from top of dipstick tube. Do I need to compensate for a slight upward boat angle? Any insights would be much appreciated.

Boz

I just changed oil in my 2011 GTI and it to was at a slant. When i measured the amount pumped out it seemed to be about right.However when i put the new filter in i could still see the top "O" ring. I think it will leak so i haven't started it yet till i find out.
Just joined the forum - can anyone tell me if it is absolutely necessary that the boat be absolutely level when extracting oil? I have (2) 2009 GTI 130's and am about to attempt my first DIY oil/filter change. I have the required tools/materials and basic understanding of the procedure. But my boats hang in a lift with a slight incline and I don't know if this would cause oil to pool in the back of the sump when I extract. My procedure (from this forum) indicates insertion of the extraction tube to be 18.7" from top of dipstick tube. Do I need to compensate for a slight upward boat angle? Any insights would be much appreciated.

Boz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back