2012 Sea Doo GTI 130 SE Questions

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seadoorider101

I am new to owning a jet ski and I am about to purchase a Brand New 2012 Sea-Doo GTI SE. I am curious about the 10 hour break in period. I know you are not supposed to go above 3/4 throttle. But is there a certain RPM that shouldn't be crossed. I heard of BRP canceling your Warranty if they see when you take it in for the 10 hour service, that you did not go past a certain RPM.

Does anyone know about this? And does anyone know the best steps/process to break it in?

Thanks

I emailed BRP on this and was told the 10hr was an inspection and the 25hr was service.

So when can I go full throttle for a extended period of time, without hurting the engine? I see that you own the 2011 model of the one I am going to purchase.

I ran mine through the entire rpm range....just didn't stay at any one rpm for long. and yeah..that 10hr mark was a long time coming.

Like a tootsie pop....I couldn't wait.

:D

So when can I go full throttle for a extended period of time, without hurting the engine? I see that you own the 2011 model of the one I am going to purchase.

I won't tell you how to break it in though I do break mine in hard. I just roll on the throttle to max speed and don't hold it there. I just hooked up my candoo last night to see the history and it said I had 10hr 41 min on it and ran most of my time in the 4000-6000 rpm range and 3 mins wide open. I can't remember the times on the other ranges off the top of my head. I just wanted to reset the service light and clear a key fault code. I haven't tried for top speed yet though in 1' chop I hit 56mph with three people on it according to the mph gauge not gps. 10 hrs is the breakin period and the ecu will limit what the motor does but you can still abuse it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered a new GTI ! I enjoyed my GTX DI because it is a rocket, had some issues but i got it running perfect again but i'm looking forward to owning a new machine.
How much do the dealers charge for the 10 Hr inspection ? What about the 25 hr service ? Are these both mandatory for the warranty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back