2011 SeaDoo RXT X with only 40 hours?????

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferz430

Hi. I am looking to buy a used PWC. For price and power I m between a 2011 SeaDoo RXT X and a 2013 GTR 215.

-2011 SeaDoo RXT X: has only 40 hours. Is it possible the ECU got reset/hacked at some point? I read that supposedly if you change the cluster, the new one will still show the original ECU hours. Also coudn t find if the supercharger rebuild is recommended at 100hs or 200hs. If its at 100hs, does a present rebuild make it last 200hs?

-2013 GTR 215: has 130 hours. Supercharger rebuild is at 200hs. Not questions here but would love any comment or advise.

Sorry for my english. Thanks in advance.

On earlier models, ECU replacement reset the hours. However, I wouldn't assume that this was the case for the 2011 you're looking at unless the rest of the ski betrays high hours. I believe the changeover to the 200 hour spec was 2011/2012. You'll have to check on one of the other PWC forums for confirmation. The current rebuild kit states 200 hours but many believe this is just a marketing ploy and that there was never any difference in the parts.

Both skis need supercharger rebuilds, most in the know on this forum say 4 years max even with low hours due to the plastic ball retainers in the bearings getting brittle and failing. When you rebuild you then would obtain the 200 hour service interval on either ski.
I can believe 40 hours on the RXT X, somebody could easily scare themselves silly with it and never ride it again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back