2011 Challenger 180SE Polk 10" Sub Installation

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

limarc

Just finished up installing my new Polk MM 10" Subwoofer and thought I'd share some pics. The speaker is installed in the passenger seat kick-panel and the amp is installed behind the glovebox.

- I drew a template of the hole size - cut the fiberglass - then made the exact same hole in a piece of startboard (plastic marine wood) - I cut the starboard in half, glued and tacked it on the inside of the new speaker location to provide a solid mounting surface that would never rot.

- I ran a pull-string from the battery location to behind the glovenox and made a loop in the center to allow for future cable pulls in either direction. - I tied it off by the battery and the rear of the stereo unit.

- Speaker mounting was very easy - I drilled 4 holes in the rear of the glovebox, used stainless bolts and cut 2" pieces of old garden hose so the amp would never touch the back of the glovebox. - It's mouinted against the pieces of hose to provide less vibration and also air flow behind the amp.

- I was able to use RCA connectors coming from the stock radio and feed directly to the new amp. Settig the amp levels for the majority of the music I listen to was my original idea, but there is so much recording differences between MP3's, I've ordered an RCA volume switch called an "LC1" (about $15-$20 on amazon) and am going to mount it in the glove box for "fine tuning" the amount of bass I want.

- The entire hull is filled with the bass and I could not be happier!!!

Enjoy the picks...
Marc

Attachments

• SUB INSTALL 037.jpg
    SUB INSTALL 037.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 251
  • SUB INSTALL  003.jpg
    SUB INSTALL 003.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 263
  • SUB INSTALL  004.jpg
    SUB INSTALL 004.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 240
  • SUB INSTALL  022.jpg
    SUB INSTALL 022.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 249
  • SUB INSTALL 038.jpg
    SUB INSTALL 038.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 239
Nice install. How did ou get in behind the glovebox?

The two wrap around back cushions in the bow have small screws at the bottom on each side. Once you take these screws out, the cushion is actually "hung" on clips in three places. Just lift off the cushion to gain access.

Marc

Marc,

You are just a trailblazer man. Once I get the second battery installed and correct I may attempt this little operation as well.

Cheers,
Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back