2010 GTI Waterr spraying from between Pump Support/Housing at Reducer! Normal??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mhayling

Hi All.

I just purchases a 2010 GTI and I used it for the first time today.

When i got it back home I did the flush procedure.

I started it up and turned on the water. Let it run for about a minute .

When I went to turn off the water I noticed that there was a jet of water spraying from between the Pump support & the impeller housing.

Its spraying from where the Pressure reducer tang is located at about the 11 O'clock position of the Impeller/Support housing joint.

Is this normal? Or is the reducer leaking/bad.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

Mark
Nassau,Bahamas.

Hi Mark and welcome to the forum.
I'll let the more experienced guys here answer your question.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD2KeSqlaJE

I read someplace on a forum that there should not be any water spraying so I changed the reducer and re-installed the impeller.

It's still spraying from the reducer area where the tang of the reducer protrudes through the gap in the housing.

I'm linking a video of the water spraying so you can see what I mean.

Does anyone know what the deal is?

If any of you run your 4-tec with water hooked up would you please have a look at yours and let me know if you have water spraying from the reducer or not.

I don't know what to do next!!!

Thanks

That looks like a pinched o ring. That yellow tab sticking up is part of the O ring. Remove the pump completely. You're 4 bolts away and check that.

When was the last time you had that pump removed?

Its a new Reducer/o-ring. It was leaking so I installed a new one just before this video was shot.

But the new one is actually leaking worse than the old one was. The Impeller was installed as per the service manual instructions and torque specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back