2009 challenger sp winterization

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scufty

So the guy I bought the boat from said to just hook a hose with a adapter to the holes at back of boat and blow air through to empty of water? I know some guys have been running antifreeze through them but is that necessary? Also heard to fog motor but also was told to NOT fog as its not great for these engines?
Im really looking for the true goods on winterizing and if different models etc are winterized differently? its a closed loop cooling system so the only water would be where?
Thanks for any help guys...trying to get these sea doos figured out?

So the guy I bought the boat from said to just hook a hose with a adapter to the holes at back of boat and blow air through to empty of water? I know some guys have been running antifreeze through them but is that necessary? Also heard to fog motor but also was told to NOT fog as its not great for these engines?
Im really looking for the true goods on winterizing and if different models etc are winterized differently? its a closed loop cooling system so the only water would be where?
Thanks for any help guys...trying to get these sea doos figured out?

I would strongly recommend getting a service manual and following the procedures outlined in the manual. Yes, you do use air to blow the remainder of the water out of the exhaust system. If you have the super charged engine you also need to ensure there is no water in the supercharger intake hose. In addition to an oil change Sea Doo recommends to spray some of their Sea Doo Lube in the cylinders, I believe the method of doing so varies slightly base on the year of the boat. The manual will be your best friend with this process!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back