Throttle body electrical plug disconnect/Limp home mode/P212C, P2620, P2621

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

briancayko

Hey yall, first time on the water yesterday the starboard engine was immediately in Limp home mode & threw codes P212C, P2620, & P2621. I got it back home & it seemed like that engine was running "rough" & maybe missing a little so I checked all the plugs & they were all fine & firing. I found this thread (now closed) P2621 and P2620 and P212S codes

the OP had a similar issue & found his throttle body electrical plug was disconnected so I said to myself, there is no way its that easy with my boat, but I ran outside & flipped the lid anyway. Sure enough, that plug was disconnected, I tried to figure out how it might have happened because I have winterized it year after year & never even bumped that plug before. Then it came to me, This was the first year I left the boat outside so I pulled the batteries, when I put them back in I sat on the air filter cover while hooking up my leads, I distinctly remember at one point, hearing a very small click or snap sound but I did think anything of it, but should have obviously, because that had to be my but clicking that plug off the throttle body & thus causing the problem. Started it up & running smooth, no limp mode, etc. ready for another spring day on the water!!

I wanted to post this since the other thread was closed & imagined how many other guys have sat on their air filter covers to work on something & just maybe a future search for the tags in the title might help another guy out.

happy boating!
<><

Brian Cayko- Thank you for posting this!!

You just saved me a massive headache as this was the first thread that I found on google when I searched for the code definitions.
I upgraded my battery last week and unplugged the sensor by mistake.

Brian Cayko- Thank you for posting this!!

You just saved me a massive headache as this was the first thread that I found on google when I searched for the code definitions.
I upgraded my battery last week and unplugged the sensor by mistake.

Fantastic to hear this. It took me a few days of researching before I found a thread buried somewhere talking about it. I’m glad that my tags in the title brought up fast on the search engine. Happy boating

Back