2008 Seadoo 155 SE Loud Ruff Idle? Waterbox Full?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

da_LG

Hello All,

I have kept my seadoo in water on the dock for the past ~2.5 weeks. I am sure to check the engine, cover it, use it frequently, clean the jet pump areas, and place additional sacrificial anodes around the venturi to avoid any deterioration (although in very clean, fresh water).

It has rained for the past week, and I did not use it for four days. When I idled, there were no issues, it was completely normal. I let it idle out for about 1 minute.

The issue was when I gave a little throttle to make sure everything was good before driving off, and when I did, it sounded like a heavy, loud, vibrating engine (it sounded like it was bogging down but operated normally). After doing a few figure-eights with slight throttle (~3000 rpm) it sounded and felt like the issue cleared up and ran and sounded normally for the rest of the day (no beeps, no error codes at any point).

I suspect this could be due to a full water box from bouncing up and down in the water on the dock. The spark plugs are new, the oil is good and just fueled up the machine last use. A key thing to note is that there was a good amount of algae/ pollen floating in the water near the dock when I started the machine, but not anything out of the ordinary.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do or what to look for? Was thinking about taking it out to avoid more rain.

Thanks!! :)

Back