2008 GTI SE 155 P0505

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

12vman

I am getting p0505 at startup, tried clearing but it just comes back.

This fault has the following description:

DLA output stage cutoff memory circuit or output stage fault or open circuit or short to 12V

It is (Out-Of-Water)idling higher than it should(2250-2300 RPM).

Anyone have experience troubleshooting this error on a 4-Tec?
I already replaced the Idle Bypass Valve but the error came back. Machine runs fine otherwise.

If you replaced the IBV, you might want to follow the wiring for it to check to see if there is damage to it.

I am going to guess it is in a wiring loom so that might be difficult. My experience tells me most times though, damage is at points where it is exposed out of the loom and not often in the loom

If you had the wiring schematic, you could isolate the pins at the ECU and do some testing on the wire for resistance and continuity.

I always try to start here first before you go to replacing parts because I have been caught more than a few times replacing parts when the wiring was the culprit.

Thank You! I will take a look at the schematic. I also don't like the idea of replacing sensors for no reason...

Just wanted to report back, picked up the ski yesterday and took it out on the water. They replaced the Idle Bypass Valve and put new plugs in it, runs great but it is still firing the p0505 code. Tech couldn't figure out why it is still firing the code. I suspect it is the face that it is still idling too high. My '13 GTI SE 130 idles at 1600 in the water. This machine is idling at 1900-1950, sometimes i have to partially pull the reverse to slow down in no wake areas.

No I haven't. I didn't think there were any vacuum hoses. Check for leaks around the throttle body?

My understanding it the the idle is controlled by the computer, there is no possible adjustment.

Back