2008 Sea Doo RXT - Supercharger

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

padymgee

I am looking into buying a 2008 Sea Doo RXT off cragislist. The ski apparently has 90 hours on it. He said the supercharger was rebuilt 2 years ago. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how often the superchargers are supposed to be rebuilt for this year ski?

From my research, I thought it was either every 2 years or 100 hours, whichever comes first, but this guy is claiming that's not true.

Can someone please give me more info on this?

Also, any one know how much this ski should be worth. I don't want to get ripped off but I figured they are worth about $4500

I am looking into buying a 2008 Sea Doo RXT off cragislist. The ski apparently has 90 hours on it. He said the supercharger was rebuilt 2 years ago. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how often the superchargers are supposed to be rebuilt for this year ski?

From my research, I thought it was either every 2 years or 100 hours, whichever comes first, but this guy is claiming that's not true.

Can someone please give me more info on this?

Also, any one know how much this ski should be worth. I don't want to get ripped off but I figured they are worth about $4500

2yrs or a 100hrs is correct. Also, assuming the ski will see 8K+rpm on a test run and the body's in good shape...the price is right.

2yrs or a 100hrs is correct. Also, assuming the ski will see 8K+rpm on a test run and the body's in good shape...the price is right.

Thanks for the reply! One other questions... So if I decide to buy this ski.. I assume I should probably rebuild the supercharger? Is the supercharger hard to rebuild? I am pretty mechanically inclined, but have never rebuilt an engine or supercharger before. If this is something I can't do and would have to pay a professional to do.. how much would that cost me?

Also, just out of curiousity, do you know how fast a 2008 Seadoo rxt goes? I keep seeing reviews ranging from 50-70mph. Which is a pretty big range lol

If it has been 2 yrs, it officially needs rebuilt. I would use that info as a bargaining chip.

Not worth doing yourself in my opinion. The parts and tools you need will be more than the $450 that this site charges to do them.

If the ski is near perfect the top speed is 66-68 realistically. I have hit 71 on mine but that is rare just because of a minimal wear ring wearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own same ski, all of cj's answers are 100% spot on.
Check rear motor mounts please, I have seen a mini rash of failures on those. (3 out of last 4)

Last edited by a moderator:
To be honest about the supercharger on my 06. I had it rebuilt the first time at 225hrs. Now it has 300 and it probably won't be touched till I sell it or hit 500hrs. I up keep my ski and never really had a problem with it besides a starter button. Should be a great ski. Check for dock marks because that will show how it was rode.

I think I'm going to Florida with an empty 4 place trailer . Buy 4 and resell them in michigan

I think I'm going to Florida with an empty 4 place trailer . Buy 4 and resell them in michigan

Us Florida guys have had that discussion several times, but usually the transportation costs and travel time wash out the potential (especially with a 2 place trailer vs 4)

But yes, you most certainly can, keep in mind some of the MI buyers will hesitate if it has a Florida title and tags, they immediately think about salt related issues, something to keep in mind.

We get "good" deals on 4 strokes down here for sure.... we get "great" deals on 2 strokes all the time, there are so dam many we are literally tripping over them, and I walk away from a lot of deals that my cousin up in Chicago would jump on w/o hesitation.

I am seeing a lot more Florida skis in Michigan and the sellers are not disclosing that the craft came from Florida and is a saltwater craft. And sometimes it's hard to tell with some 4 tecs due to all the hoses covering the block. And you can't see.

You should also check the drive shaft tunnel. This year had a production run of weak
and then cracked tunnels. There were threads on repairing this issue but basically
you had to reinforce it. If no cracks or spiderwebs present by now you should be ok
in this regard.

You should also check the drive shaft tunnel. This year had a production run of weak
and then cracked tunnels. There were threads on repairing this issue but basically
you had to reinforce it. If no cracks or spiderwebs present by now you should be ok
in this regard.

excellent point, I discovered some long threads on the issue surrounding the 08 tunnel issues over on Greenhulk and I inspected mine very carefully before I handed over the cash.

To be honest about the supercharger on my 06. I had it rebuilt the first time at 225hrs. Now it has 300 and it probably won't be touched till I sell it or hit 500hrs. I up keep my ski and never really had a problem with it besides a starter button. Should be a great ski. Check for dock marks because that will show how it was rode.

That's cool and all.

Hope your bearing cages don't get brittle over time...fail...allow your bearings to collect on one side or enter the motor...allowing the wheel to touch down...seizing up...locking the motor up...sending a cloud of aluminum dust through your intake system and into the motor.

:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back