2008 rxp x 255 need advice

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cumminshoss92

Hey guys so I wanted some of the experts opinions I'm going to look at a 08 rxp x 255 it has a brand new yacht club trailer and the ski has 8 hours on it he has the storage cover and owners manual he's asking 8400 I talked him down to 8000 he's sent me many pictures it looks brand new, previous owner did change oil and plugs befour he sold it, I will be test driving it he said that's no problem, I'm going to do a compression check (psi?) look over wear ring, impeller, smell oil make sure it's not burnt or have any metal shavings in it and make sure she runs up to 8000rpm on the test drive ect. What else should I check over? how hard is it to check shaft play In the supercharger? I can check anything on the ski as long as I put it back together. I want to make sure I'm getting a good deal befour I fork out 8Gs thanks guys

SC is pretty easy to check. Remove the hose and try to wiggle it in and out.

08 is SUPPOSE to have metal washers. However we are seeing a decent percentage that snuck through with ceramic washers. There is no real way to tell short of removing it. You do NOT want ceramic washers. If they break apart they can easily destroy your engine.

I think the price is a bit him but with only 8 hrs I doubt he will move much.

Repairing and selling iPads, iPhones and Mini iPads.

Hey guys so I wanted some of the experts opinions I'm going to look at a 08 rxp x 255 it has a brand new yacht club trailer and the ski has 8 hours on it he has the storage cover and owners manual he's asking 8400 I talked him down to 8000 he's sent me many pictures it looks brand new, previous owner did change oil and plugs befour he sold it, I will be test driving it he said that's no problem, I'm going to do a compression check (psi?) look over wear ring, impeller, smell oil make sure it's not burnt or have any metal shavings in it and make sure she runs up to 8000rpm on the test drive ect. What else should I check over? how hard is it to check shaft play In the supercharger? I can check anything on the ski as long as I put it back together. I want to make sure I'm getting a good deal befour I fork out 8Gs thanks guys

8hrs on a 5+ y/o ski? wow. How long's it been sitting w/o being turned over? You won't get to pull the sc.

The sc doesn't scare me I'm a mechanic so it's no biggy I'll rebuild it at the end of the year but what I was told is the original owner was an old man and used it to cruise once In a while than sold it to current owner And he doesn't like it he wants more of a cruiser well I've searched for this ski for a while now and come across one with 8 hours it caught my eye and coastiejoe I figured it was easy to check just wanted to know what tools to bring befour I drive 4 hours to go look at it. What is the compression on these engine supose to be at 140? Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back