2007 Wake 155 no oil circulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmallo

Hi, new to the forum here, but running into problems with my Ski. Got it used earlier this year, seemed in pretty good condition, ran 11 hours on it this summer, then last weekend it stopped at idle a few times and started making terrible knocking sounds. Pulled it back to the dock. It still starts but sounds like it has absolutely no lubrication. I hooked up an oil pressure gauge to the plug in the cylinder head and its reading 0 PSI. Where do I start looking for the failure? Hoping the engine is still saveable, but anyone have any experience with this before? Only 176 hours on it. Youtube of it trying to run:

I found a good used motor, so will do a swap this weekend. Since I am down in Texas, I will store this engine until fall when its cooler to pull it apart and see if I can see what happened. Any advice from more experienced people listening to that video on what to tear down and inspect? I know I'll need to inspect the oil pumps, and look for spun bearings and piston wear - but could something like that destroy my crankshaft or cam as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back