2007 GTX 215 what are the odds that it has old exhaust valves?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spimothy Leary

I know from 04-06 the valves are an issue, is there still a chance that an 07 has them as well ?

going to look at one saturday for a friend, and trying to do some budgeting for potential expenses for updates. It seems to be a good fit as far a price/condition from the pic's and such but if the valves come into play it bumps the net cost up 10%, which makes the 09 that I looked at today more attractive.

07 GTX 162 hours for net around $4400

vs

09 rxt 92 hours for net around $5200.

both would need SC rebuild, and whatever else might be uncovered after purchase, so i'm budgeting approx $600-700 minimum for updates + assorted ticky tack stuff. If I find out that we've got some old valves after purchase that bumps updates for the 07 to 1K.

Mid 06 was the cutoff. That said, I'd be nervous as well. I would pull the valve cover and see what number is stamped on the valve. 72 is old style and 75 is the updated valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks, that confirms that my suspicion of that being a possibility.

I don't think it kills the deal at all, just have to allow a little bit more for updates just in case.

being an 07 I think the flywheel bolts are fine.

I prefer the 09 because there's less that's unknown and lower hours but both seem like very reasonable deals.

edit: I've read further, seems like early/mid 06 production is when the swap came in on the valves, so all 07's need confirmation just to be sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coastie, did you have any issues with your 2009 and iBR leaking, or the jet drive tunnel being cracked or spiderwebbing?

I had one IBR issue and I THOUGHT it was a major problem. Ended up being a battery that was starting to go bad. Bought the Candoo Pro so I could see what was happening. Traced it back to an amperage problem and slightly lower volts than normal. Once I installed a New Battery and cleared all 7 codes, problem solved.

So, to be clear,, No, I did not have an IBR issue.

I have not noticed any Spider Webbing in the tunnel area. I normally take a glance up there and hose things all out. I will take a good look with a flashlight and double check. Will let you know if so.

Not from what I have gathered from researching model years. I don't think it was as prevalent on the 2009 but I could certainly be wrong.

Perhaps the early builds of the 2009 had the issue and then later-season builds were fixed?

In any respect of all the major HP years, it appears the 2008 had the least issues from BRP. That's what a ton of reading forums like this has led me to believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back