2006 Speedster 200 SCIC - Cannot locate the blown fuse, need guidance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

beertender

Hi all,

I am fairly certain I have a blown fuse which is keeping my starboard engine from starting but I cannot locate it.

I have looked in the drivers console and all fuses there are good, I looked at the fuse bank on the starboard motor, again all fuses are good. I looked at all of the fuses I could find tucked beside the batter switch, I did find a 3 amp fuse that was blown replaced it but that didn't help.

The symptom is odd, plug in the key each engine gives two beeps. Hit the start button for the starboard motor and nothing, no clicking, no audible indication of a completed circuit. If I swap the start buttons the starboard motor fires right up. So I am thinking it is a fuse but I cannot locate it, unless the button itself is bad (hmmm, just thought about that).

Anyone know of any fuses which are specific to the start button? Is there any way to test the button itself?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.

Hi all,

I am fairly certain I have a blown fuse which is keeping my starboard engine from starting but I cannot locate it.

I have looked in the drivers console and all fuses there are good, I looked at the fuse bank on the starboard motor, again all fuses are good. I looked at all of the fuses I could find tucked beside the batter switch, I did find a 3 amp fuse that was blown replaced it but that didn't help.

The symptom is odd, plug in the key each engine gives two beeps. Hit the start button for the starboard motor and nothing, no clicking, no audible indication of a completed circuit. If I swap the start buttons the starboard motor fires right up. So I am thinking it is a fuse but I cannot locate it, unless the button itself is bad (hmmm, just thought about that).

Anyone know of any fuses which are specific to the start button? Is there any way to test the button itself?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide.
Why don't you run a conductivity test on the button itself ?

Ie multimeter on the 2 terminals in ohms mode and check if the contacts bridge when you press the button ?

Yea, it really does sound like the button itself is bad. You can simulate the action of the button by completing the circuit with a pair of alligator clips, see if the engine turns over. Just remember to disengage once it actually fires up.

I'm with the others. something is wrong with the switch considering the problem goes away once you swap the STRBD switch with the PRT one.

Ok, everyone I owe you an apology, my symptoms were mis-diagnosed above, it appears when I was taking my notes during troubleshooting I got confused on button and motor combinations. Or my symptoms have completely changed now, I opt for the confusion and chalk it up to old age.

Anyway the issue I am having is the starboard engine is not getting any power when i hit the start button, this is true for both buttons. The starboard button will start the port motor. I discovered this when I replaced the start button and had the same issue so I will admit to being a bone head. Anyway I did jump the start solenoid to ensure the starboard engine will start and it did. Just to be safe I replaced that solenoid as well but no improvement.

So my question becomes, can the neutral start switch on this boat go bad for one engine but not the other? My gut is telling my yes because the switch has two pig tails I am guessing one pigtail for each engine. Does any one have a diagram of the wiring layout for this boat as it relates to the starting system?

Finally does anyone know how the circuit is completed, it appears from the OEM parts guide that only two pigtails are on the switch so i am a little confused on how the circuit is completed and the solenoid is activated.

Again, I apologize for my confusion and greatly appreciate the insight.

So I can confirm if I swap neutral safety switch pig tails the engine will start, I can also confirm I am not getting any voltage at the solenoid right post when the button is pressed when connected to the suspect side of the neutral safety switch. I am on to ordering this switch, I will update once I replace the switch so if anyone experiences this problem perhaps it will help.

Thanks again, all

Sounds like it is the NSS. You can test for that also by using a paper clip across the NSS connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back