2006 RXT - Drive shaft bearing/seal replacement at 180 hours ?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jvaski

I have a 2006 RXT with 179 hours on it. It has been run entirely in the cool waters of Lake Tahoe only. ( the oil changed approx. every 20 hours use)
I pulled the pump and drive shaft for inspection and found everything looks great ( I repacked the pump bearing grease and checked for play )

Question, (1) if the drive shaft bearing at the bellows boot feels smooth and the seal was good is there any reason to replace it ? ( $140 - Part# 420832648 )

(2) If the Carbon seal was working fine and looks great - is there any reason to replace that as well ? ( the boot has no cracks and isn't dried out )

In other words - does 180 hours use dictate spending $300+ in parts - if everything looks and feels good ?
The drive shaft bearing / seal at the PTO side is a critical component - but what is normal life expectancy for it ?

Thanks Mucho

The only mechanisms according to my service manual that need to be replaced over hours and time that are not broken are the supercharger clutch and the spark plugs. The carbon ring and rubber boot should be inspected every 100 hours or 1 year. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back