2006 RXT 215 Blowing fuse #8

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDfromTN

Hello all,
I have a pair of 2006 RXT 215's.
One of the began to run bad. Well it seemed to be fine but when you got in the throttle it will stumble and limit speed and rpm. When you crank it, you would get the long beep meaning an error code. I read the codes and cleared them with my CanDoo. One of the codes I think was the culprit is the 1502 code for the TOPS sensor. I looked further and found fuse #8 blown. Replaced it and took it out and same thing. Checked fuse and its blown again. I did not have time to do anymore diagnostic work on it. In looking at the service manual it appears this fuse powers both the TOPS and the instrument Cluster. The Cluster is fried to the point that nothing can be read on any of the gauges(this is one with all digital gauges, no analog).

Is it possible to disconnect the cluster and the ski still run? this cluster is doing me no good as is anyway. I plan to pull the TOPS switch and test it per the service manual. BUT since it does run I expect its good. With that in mind is why I am wondering if these will run with out a cluster attached.

TIA Don

Reporting back....

I solved this problem by disconnecting the dash cluster.

I first tried disconnecting the TOPS sensor fired the engine and it still blew the fuse.
Then I disconnected the dash cluster, replaced the fuse fired the engine and fuse was still good. Took it out for a short test run and it ran 62+ mph on a short run on choppy water across the river and back.

My dash cluster is totally fried and even shows some rusty looks inside. Im posting back to hope it may help someone else in the future.

I agree tp. Precisely why I did this.

I too have read of others having a problem like me on some issue and never seeing the results. Its Frustrating at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back