2006 Challenger 180 Fuel Separator

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsharpebc

Hi everyone, long-ish time member...longer time lurker.

looking to the hive for wisdom:

I've owned my 180 for a couple years, never had the issues like I had last season. I must have got an good amount of water in my fuel, whatever the issue was it caused hard starting when hot, almost like vapour-lock. Dealer said that it sounded like water in the fuel, said to run a bunch of StaBil through the next number of tanks, but then I ran out of season to fully troubleshoot the issue.

So, based on what I was told, would a fuel/water separator (something like the Sierra 18-7982-1 kit available on Amazon...) be worthwhile? Has anyone installed one on their boat? Worthwhile or worthless?

And I think I need BUDS to discharge the fuel system?

Thanks muchly for the help.
John

A fuel/water separator certainly wouldn't hurt, but you're not even positive there's water getting into the fuel system, so it may not fix your problem.

If you are getting water into your fuel system, the separator will help, but it would be best to figure out how the water is getting in in the first place.

A fuel/water separator certainly wouldn't hurt, but you're not even positive there's water getting into the fuel system, so it may not fix your problem.

If you are getting water into your fuel system, the separator will help, but it would be best to figure out how the water is getting in in the first place.

Totally fair, no point spending money where I don't need. I am going, so far, on the assumption of water in the fuel and did hear rumours of a local marina's fuel supply having issues (where I usually fuel up). That said, it is strictly a rumour at this point, alot of other boats fill up there too.

Once this season starts up again, I will be able to better diagnose it but I was just getting a jump on info gathering. Appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back