2005 RXT Engine surges at half throttle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainely-French

Any Ideas why I have a fluctuation in RPM's while at around half to 3/4 throttle? The fluctuations are about 1000 RPM's. While this is happening, I go to WOT and it seems to drag a few seconds then gets to top end. Immediately after backing down the speed, it seems to run smoothly for near 30 seconds, then surges again.

I bought it used last year. The washers were replaced and the S/C was rebuilt around 55 hours. It has 75 hours now. I had the wear ring, impeller, and the idler valve replaced (would not idle on it's own) this year and ran fine 3 times out. I just replaced the plugs yesterday but will not be out till next weekend.

Thanks,
Rick.

Did you treat the fuel before storing for winter with some stabilizer? Your fuel may have gone bad over the winter months if not! Sounds like it's having a hard time getting fuel to the injectors to me. You could try treating the tank with SeaFoam and see if running it some more won't clean it out.

- Michael

Thanks for the replies. I tried injector cleaner, and have been treating the gas with ethanol treatment (Lucas Oil brand), changed the plugs, but still has the same symtoms. I have run it 4 times since my last post, app 20 hours. I am leaning on a bad injector? Are replacing them very difficult? Is it difficult to detect which injector might be bad?
Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back