2005 RXT 185 NEED HELP WITH SUPER CHARGER

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lakefun24/7

Hello
New to this forum. Any help would be great.

So my question is

Just got the ski, Starts right up but when you give it gas just takes for ever to RPM up.
Person i got the ski through said they put on a 215 super charger on it and its a 180 model
could that be why ski wont RPM up ? I seen in other threads that gears are different

Last question if that is the Problem, can i take super charger off and intall the inner and outer gears from a 180 and it will work fine ?.

Thanks Mr Beer budget

They never made a 185 RXT, only 215. Someone would have had to switch out engine or lots of parts to turn it into a 185.

You can't just change the gear on the supercharger. You also have to change the flywheel as there are a different number of teeth on the flywheel that drives the supercharger so they need to be a matched set.

Last edited:
Hello
New to this forum. Any help would be great.

So my question is

Just got the ski, Starts right up but when you give it gas just takes for ever to RPM up.
Person i got the ski through said they put on a 215 super charger on it and its a 180 model
could that be why ski wont RPM up ? I seen in other threads that gears are different

Last question if that is the Problem, can i take super charger off and intall the inner and outer gears from a 180 and it will work fine ?.

Thanks Mr Beer budget
Your issue doesn't sound supercharger related. Without a supercharger, your engine should spool up to 6,000 RPMs very easily with in a few seconds. You're going to want to remove the air intake hose that is connected to the center of the supercharger and see if it spins while the engine is off of course. If you cannot spend the wheel that you're touching when you remove the air intake hose, then that means that your supercharger is still available to make boost to some capacity. You'll have to be more technical about your issue. If you change the inner wheel and the outer gear that would change your 185 to a 215.

It sounds more like you have a fuel, spark or throttle body issue to me

They never made a 185 RXT, only 215. Someone would have had to switch out engine or lots of parts to turn it into a 185.

You can't just change the gear on the supercharger. You also have to change the flywheel as there are a different number of teeth on the flywheel that drives the supercharger so they need to be a matched set.
Thanks for the help . I went to a ski Mechanic and he siad it was a 215 and showed me were the intercooler was at in the intake. He also said they never made my color ski with the 185.

Your issue doesn't sound supercharger related. Without a supercharger, your engine should spool up to 6,000 RPMs very easily with in a few seconds. You're going to want to remove the air intake hose that is connected to the center of the supercharger and see if it spins while the engine is off of course. If you cannot spend the wheel that you're touching when you remove the air intake hose, then that means that your supercharger is still available to make boost to some capacity. You'll have to be more technical about your issue. If you change the inner wheel and the outer gear that would change your 185 to a 215.

It sounds more like you have a fuel, spark or throttle body issue to me
Yes you nailed it, thanks for the response. So I sucked out all the gas in the tank that had stable, then pulled the injectors and cleaned those, then installed new fuel pump and filters and changed the plugs and it ran great for a day and a half last weekend. Sunday oil light kept coming on putting ski into limp mode then then just died had to get towed in it was like losing a kid lol. Oh well now have the motor all apart and will go from there.

Most likely you just needed to change your plugs.

For the oil light, that year is notorious for needing oil pressure switches replaced which is quick and easy. You don't need to tear the motor apart.

Start simple and with the most common failures. Spark plugs and oil pressure switches are at the top of the list.

also pull the supercharger and replace bearings,never know where it has been,put the 200 hr kit thru it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back