2005 gtx - batt cable connections

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emory

1) Can someone please tell me what type of tool is required to tighten (or remove) the cables which connect the starter solenoid to the starter? I have looked at the ends with a mirror and tried allen wrenches and torx wrenches. It does not look like a bolt-up deal. Is there something I am missing here? My neighbor is a Ford mechanic and he could figure it out. One of my cables is loose and causing intermittent starting. I would like to remove the cable from the solenoid, clean them and retighten. Thanks!

2) Also, this year I have noticed the steering is excessively "tight" when turning the wheel left or right. I have not launched the PWC yet. Any idea what would cause this?
Thanks.....again.
Emory

There are two studs coming off the solenoid the the cables are attached to. The cables are secured to the stud by a 10mm nut. The problem you got is the red rubber insulator around the nut won't let you get a socket on the nut. I've taken a cheap 10mm socket and ground the edge down so it will fit inside the insulator. If that doesn't work then I use a razor blade and cut back the insulator so I can access the nut. Make sure you disconnect the battery because it's easy to short your tools out on the exhaust manifold.
SeaDoo has a updated steering cable for your ski. There are two kinds of steering cables on the 4TECS ..... the ones that are bad and the ones that are going bad.:rofl:

DAWG

For the steering problem, you may just want to try lubing all the joints on the pump, and then lube the steering cable, that should make it a little better.

1. 10mm socket, just push hard it will force the red rubber boot out of the way, or you can use a hair dryer to get it warm and then it will move out of the way easily.

2. your steering cable needs greased, there is a special tool that will pump grease into the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back