2004 seadoo gtx supercharged,, sensor problems!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jenx_u

I own a 04 seadoo gtx supercharged 4-tec, I put it in the water this past weekend & i took it for a ride & it ran great until i got back to near my dock, then it started idling funny & it never would open up from then on out. When I started it to put it on the trailer, SENSOR, it read on my digital dashboard! Does anyone know how many sensors it has, where they are, &/or has anyone else had the same problem?:mad:,,,Thanks to anyone who can hit me back on here with a resolution or at least some ideas. TY to all seadoo maniacs!!

Put new spark plugs in 1st. Don't know why, but they do go bad even while the engine is running they can fail. It's crazy, I know. They'll even still spark I tested mine last Fall took all 3 out and hooked them up with a ground wire while cranking the engine and they each sparked but it would not run right with them. New plugs solved the problem. Weird!

There's various sensors on the engine, at least 1 is a knock sensor... I guess if the engine is missing bad enough it could trigger the knock sensor but mine did not trigger any readings when my spark plugs failed it just ran like crap ALL the way back to the boat ramp.

How old is your fuel and do you treat it with Stabil or Seafoam or something similar? I use Marine Stabil every fillup. If you haven't been, then you might want to add a can of SeaFoam or Marine Stabil to your tank and try running it a bit... bad fuel is, well bad.

So, again put some brand new spark plugs in 1st and see what that does before going hunting down all the sensors (some are a PITA to reach btw!).

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back