2004 Sea Doo GTX Wakeboard Edition issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajpascua

Recently bought a 2004 GTX Wakeboard edition. Knew it had some issues but was willing to fix it myself. Did the usual oil change, coolant flush, fuel flush, and new spark plugs.

I have replaced the “spark plug tubes” because the bottom rings on those were allowing oil on the plug. That seemed to fix a lot of the issues.

Now I’m running into something else. Sometimes it runs great sometimes it won’t go over 3000 rpm. Has a rough idle and will not run under partial throttle. Will max out at 6-7k rmp and once it’s warm it bogs down out of the hole.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you getting any check engine lights coming on? I just got the same ski and when I took it out the first day, I could not go past 35 mph and the check engine light came on. There was crankcase pressure and after running the engine for 5 minutes and checking oil, there was pressure released when removing the dipstick. Long story short, part of my issue is the TOPS valve. I took it off and took off the two disk and springs and now it seems to run within normal range. However, I have additional issues I am working on. IDK if this will help you but it did for me.

Are you getting any check engine lights coming on? I just got the same ski and when I took it out the first day, I could not go past 35 mph and the check engine light came on. There was crankcase pressure and after running the engine for 5 minutes and checking oil, there was pressure released when removing the dipstick. Long story short, part of my issue is the TOPS valve. I took it off and took off the two disk and springs and now it seems to run within normal range. However, I have additional issues I am working on. IDK if this will help you but it did for me.
I had a similar issue. Only happens time to time. I’ll have to check into the TOPS valve. No I do not have any lights or beeps. I can let it cool down and it will run fine with full range for a few minutes. I have narrowed it down to possibly a cooling issue. Replacing the coolant temp sensor. I will let you know if that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back