2004 RXP Impeller problem!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

RXP Monster

Hey guys, new to the forum, and hoping someone can help me out. I've got an 04 RXP Supercharged with a Solas 15/20 stainless impeller. Just replaced the wear ring, and now the impeller won't go back in without a lot of trouble, and I'm afraid it's going to tear up the new wear ring . I had to replace the ring bc I sucked up a rock and it tore it up. I polished the impeller out and balanced it, and it seems just too large by a fraction to fit properly. Any ideas?

freeze the impellor overnight....theres been WAY to much R&D, for them not to fit...:cheers:

So I got the wear ring in, working on getting the impeller in. Now I've run into another problem. Last year when I would put the key on, when I was first taking it out on the water, it would take anywhere from 1 minute to 5 or 6 minutes for it to, I guess, recognize the key and start up....now I'm trying to get it started up, and it's not doing a thing. I left the key on and waited almost 15 minutes, no beeping, no dash display power, NADA...any thoughts? my first guess was the battery, but had that checked out tonight and it's fine.

More than likely the dess post is faulty and needs replacing check where it plugs into the loom under the hood for corrosion. If your impeller has been pitched up at all it will be tight and will cut into the wear ring on start up but this is common and not really a problem.
Also some aftermarket rings seem to be tighter than stock

Grease.......our Buddie
Use it on inlet grate, prop, liner, carbs & cables, and Zerks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back